Snoring Issue – Physical And Emotional Symptoms
The Physical Symptoms
One of the extremely strange challenges that the whole topic of snoring faces is that most individuals do not believe it’s all that huge of a dilemma. As a result, quite a few men and women are really skeptical when told that snoring is a severe physical and emotional well being difficulty.
It only takes a minute, or a cursory glance, at the list of physical symptoms associated with a snoring issue to speedily embrace this funny sounding noun/verb into the class of severe well being troubles.
Here is just an opening list of the well being concerns that could happen from snoring issues (and keep in mind, please, that we’re just searching at physical snoring troubles correct now; emotional issues come later).
- Sleep apnea – A serious sleep disorder which emerges when a person’s breathing is interrupted during sleep
- Heart illness
- Night sweats
- Headaches throughout the day (due to poor high quality sleep and poor airflow via trachea)
- Heartburn – An unpleasant burning feeling occurs in your stomach or chest causes by acid from your stomach
- Swollen legs and arms (this stems from the lack of oxygen flow)
- An overall weakened immune system
- Hearing loss (if the snoring difficulty is really loud; keep in mind, snoring can be as loud as a passing jet)
- And more…
In addition, most of us assume that snoring issues are associated with adulthood; and, as such, at the physical ailments noted above are limited to adults. This is not the case at all, since numerous youngsters and adolescents snore (especially those with related airflow inhibiting conditions, such as asthma).
If you, the reader are not a snorer, but have lived with (or presently live with) a 1st class snorer, you may possibly locate your self shedding a tear or two as you read this section. That’s since typically overlooked in the entire snoring discussion are those folks who do not snore.
These are the husbands, the wives, the children, the nanny, the siblings, the in-laws, and even the neighbors who have discovered themselves on the receiving end of a chain saw, or a lawn mower (the sounds of a snorer), that tended to commence at around 10:00 pm, and continued – unabated – Until about 7:00 am the following morning.
For such folks, attempting to fall and stay asleep was not merely an exercise in tension coping; it was an exercise in crisis management.
The Emotional Symptoms
It’s not at all overly dramatic to suggest that the emotional costs of living with somebody with a snoring issue are as severe, or possibly even a lot more severe, as the physical toll associated with snoring issues. This is due to the fact that snoring can lead to a disturbing array of emotional issues, such as:
- Marital breakdown and divorce, due to lack of sleep and lack of empathy (keep in mind, the partner with the snoring issue doesn’t frequently know the pain that they are unwittingly causing).
- Lack of sleep, leading to depression and anxiety
- Eviction by a landlord and the resulting humiliation (this may well sound funny, but some men and women have literally been kicked out of their homes simply because of their snoring issue).
- Warring roommates and neighbors
- Job loss, due to inability to concentrate and focus (since of sleeplessness)
- Memory and retention issues due to sleeplessness
In addition, these difficulties (and this just a straightforward list, an whole book can be filled to document the real life emotional damage caused by snoring) are a host of painful mental indicates that infect not only the guilty snorer but also the enraged non snorer.
These unproductive emotional states consist of
- A sense of frustration
- Feelings of violence
- Increasing resentment
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem
And let’s unforget the millions of non snorers who drive cars or operate heavy machinery; with out a solid night of sleep, some of them can (and regrettably do) put both themselves and other people at risk.
In fact, the emotional difficulties associated with snoring are, sadly, much less discussed; specially since the snorer himself or herself isn’t conscious that he/she is causing so significantly unintentional emotional damage. Yet, as you can effortlessly see (maybe even in reflecting upon your own life), the emotional costs of being a snorer or living with an individual who has a snoring issue can be severe and incalculable.